The purpose of Intellekten is to encourage inventive talent by improving the rewards for inventions.
Let us review the current process for the monetisation of an invention by the inventor(s):
- A disruptive idea pops into an inventor’s head.
- If the inventor works in a research centre, she/he has the mechanisms to test her/his idea and, possibly, protect it with a patent.
- If the inventor works in a company, it is likely to be more complicated to develop and patent the idea, as it is not common for companies to have efficient IP management processes implemented.
- If the inventor is a student, she/he can develop her/his idea in a final degree project, a final master’s thesis or a PhD.
- In any of the three options above, a large amount of resources will be needed to turn the idea into a valuable innovation for individuals or organisations.
- If the resources are secured, their providers (research centre, company, university or venture capital) will claim in return as much value created by the invention as possible.
- In the end, the inventor, who initiates the process, is often under-compensated.
This process is daunting for the inventor(s) and thus for the production of high-potential intellectual assets.
Intellekten aims to change this process using blockchain technology and tokenization.
The process of the monetisation of an invention with Intellekten is as follows:
- The disruptive idea arises in the inventor’s head.
- Intellekten assesses the value potential and patentability of the idea.
- The intellectual property of the idea is distributed in secure tokens that are shared between the inventor(s) and all the actors needed to turn the idea into a monetisable innovation.
- A Security Token Offering (STO) is launched on the crypto market to raise the funding needed.
- The tokens gain value as the idea becomes a tangible innovation.
- Any owner of a token, including the inventor(s), can sell it at any time, monetising their contribution to the innovation.
With Intellekten, inventors and organisations have a platform to support the valorisation of their inventions, allowing them to monetise their contributions at any time.
Intellekten is currently in the design phase (TRL2).